Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lighter Chicken Cordon Bleu

Well, it's official; Greg says I have a stuffing problem... But I can't help myself... This sounded too good not to try and Carol agreed! So the girls win, again!

Lighter Chicken Cordon Bleu:

Things you'll need:

6 chicken breasts
1 package of sliced ham or Canadian bacon
1 package of sliced Swiss cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper


  • Preheat the oven to 350
  • Start by butterflying the chicken breast
  • Poud out slightly to get an even thickness
  • On a lightly oiled cookie sheet or rimmed baking sheet place the chicken breasts and put the ham and cheese in the chicken
  • Combine the mustard with some olive oil and brush on top of the chicken and season with salt and pepper
  • Cover with foil and cook for about 20 minutes
  • Mix the bread crumbs with some olive oil
  • Once the chicken has cooked remove the foil and drain the juices
  • Top chicken with bread crumb mixture and allow to brown under your broiler for about 5 minutes
I was very happy with the way this turned out! It was how I say very "user friendly". We season ours with some tarragon when we initially baked and put the bread crumbs on top of it. Everyone thought it was fantastic. It always makes me happy when I can get them to eat something healthy and they actually enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment