Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fried Pickles

So I've been slacking like crazy on this thing. I've been typing them up but failing to publish them. Hence the 4 in a row. Anyway for tonight's feast we are having burgers, and what goes better with burgers than fried pickles! I had these once and fell in love immediately. So being the healthy'ish nut I am, we aren't frying them, but baking them.

Fried Pickles

Things you'll need:

Pickles
1 - 2 cups Bread Crumbs (I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper


  • Preheat your oven to 400
  • Line a cookie sheet with foil
  • Put your egg in a bowl and beat it to all heck
  • Put the bread crumbs into a separate bowl and add the salt and pepper
  • Pat dry the pickles, if they are wet this will not work
  • Place the pickles into the egg wash and then transfer to the bread crumbs a couple at a time
  • Now put the pickles onto your cookie sheet in a single layer
  • Bake for 15 minutes
  • Flip over and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown

When I made these I used Famous Dave's Sweet and Spicy Pickles, and they turned out fantastic!!! Traditionally dill pickles are used, but feel free to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment