Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hello World

I guess my first post should explain what the hell I'm going for here, so here it is;
   About 3 months ago the bf and I started cooking dinner Mon-Fri for his family. We've used many different sources to find dinner recipes, and I simply would like to share with the world that you can eat delicious food that isn't terrible for you (most of the time) without breaking the bank. 
   We have a family of 7 1/2; the Parents, Carol and Mike, both 46; his daughter from another marriage, Marcia, 25, her husband Peter, 24; Carol's oldest son (the bf), Greg, 24, daughter Jan, 14, and the youngest, Cindy, 5; and, of course, Me (so I guess that makes me Alice...or Bobby).
   I am a young woman of 24 living in Phoenix, AZ, and I have always enjoyed food. One of my favorite stories is one my mother told me about from when I was little; one day she was cooking, and I wanted to help. Not being able to see over the counter, I went into the cabinet and grabbed the can of Crisco, put it down right by my mom, and stood up on it. She said that one minute I was tall, and the next I was short again; I had fallen into the Crisco. Fortunately, though, she said I had the softest feet for weeks. Then, there was the summer when I was 13, where I spent all day, every day, glued to the Food Network. It is safe to say cooking has been a part of my life for a long time. One thing that you will learn quickly about me is that I don't believe in recipes; a recipe is a guideline, not a rulebook. I like to make recipes my own, so I enjoy substituting one thing for another.
   All in all, what you can expect from this, is photos and recipes of what we have had for dinner and some stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment