Friday, August 31, 2012

Simple Fruit Cobbler

This is one of my favorite desserts to make! It's really simple and easy to make. You can make this year round with canned fruit or fresh fruit that is in season.

Simple Fruit Cobbler

Things you'll need:

2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups of fruit sliced


  • Preheat your oven to 325
  • Melt the butter and put in a 9 x 13 pan (I prefer a glass or porcelain dish)
  • Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and milk until smooth
  • Put the fruit in the dish with the butter and lightly spread around. If using fresh fruit slice and add about 1/4 cup of sugar and refrigerate until you get some juice and add all of it. If using canned fruit add about half of the juice
  • Pour batter on top of fruit and lightly spread around
  • Bake for about 1 hour


I made this one with apricots from a can, and it cook for a little too long, shame on me. I've also done peach raspberry, peach, pear and strawberry banana (one of my favorites). The combinations are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment