Thursday, August 16, 2012

Caramelized Pears

I saw this fabulous picture in Everyday Food Magazine and knew right away I had to make this. So I did and it was so tasty! Also pears are one of my favorite fruits!

Caramelized Pears



Things you'll need:

3 pears (Bartlett or Anjou), quartered and cored
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
salt
Vanilla ice cream for serving

  • In a large skillet melt the butter over a medium-high heat
  • Add pears, one cut side down and cooked until browned, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes
  • Turn pears to other cut side and cook for 4 minutes
  • Add sugar and 1 tbsp of water, swirling pan to combine
  • Turn pears skin side down and cook until sauce thickens slightly about 2 minutes
  • Stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt
  • Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
This was a hit! One of my new favorite desserts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment