Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Burritos

Well we found a great deal on beef today so I got inspired to make burritos. It's something my mom used to make for me after my dad would come back from hunting and has been a hit in my family ever since.

Burritos:


Things you'll need:


2 lb roast (we are using beef)
2 serrano peppers, minced
1/2 pasilla pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced or smashed
1 12oz can tomato puree
salt and pepper
water
1 packages of burrito seasoning

  • Preheat the oven to 300
  • In an oven safe dish with a lid (we used a dutch oven) put in the beef, serranos, pasilla, onion, garlic, tomato puree, salt and pepper. Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the dish, so the bottom of the beef doesn't burn and it keeps everything moist.
  • Bake for about 2 1/2 hours until it starts to fall apart
  • Shred the beef, add the seasoning and serve
The tip I give to you is heat your tortilla over a flame for a couple seconds on each side for easier rolling. With the left overs, make a taco salad or some nachos. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment